Question: Blessed greetings and thanks for your time! I want to leave my job and be an entrepreneur NOW! I am perhaps the first Pure Romance consultant in my country, so I'm sort of a pioneer in that way and it's a new concept I'm introducing. The feedback for my in home parties has been GREAT, people LOVE my sessions, but I have not been able to figure out HOW to translate this into SALES or new recruits. Honestly my follow up is non existent and I feel this is because I feel like I have to beg or bribe or persuade clients to purchase. Can you help? I really love this business!
Tal's Guidance: Thank you for your question Onika. I recognize your passion and love for this business and I honor your desire to step into a business that makes your heart sing. Most of us women entrepreneurs start off as 'accidental entrepreneurs' because we want to be doing what we love full time. Then, we find ourselves having to learn how to "Turn our Passion and Purpose into Gold™" in a way that remains aligned and integrous with who we are and what we stand for in this world
After all, a business takes at least two to tango (you and a client/buyer) otherwise it continues to remain a solo act. For many of us solo entrepreneurs, this solo act is our comfort zone. It means we get to sit with our passions without ever having to articulate to someone else why "this something" makes our heart sing and has so much value!
Solo acts are not mutual exchanges and therefore cannot translate into value for others – into paying clients!
If we want to partake in a relationship with a potential client, we need to enter a process of articulating:
- Who we are (our passion, gifts and purpose)?
- What we offer (how do we offer or package these passions to another)? &
- How "all the above" can benefit them?
The next step is to articulate 'ALL THE ABOVE' regularly. In fact, with no follow up there is no relationship (which you acknowledged in your question…). And when there is no relationship there is no mutual exchange or "sale".
Onika, since you're in the romance business, I would liken this process to the sacred marriage between the 'feminine' and 'masculine'. It seems that, like many women entrepreneurs, you take like a fish to water when it comes to expressing the feminine side of your business. After all, you said that people LOVE your sessions and are connecting to you and your message.
So now that you have that down, you simply need to put some masculine structures and principles into place to support your feminine creativity and flow. Here are a few:
1) Articulate what the next step is to work with you. Offer your prospects a way to continue working with you after their initial session. Yep! The masculine is VERY CLEAR about articulating next steps!
2) Provide a way for 'your peeps' to stay in touch with you. I took peak at your website and I would suggest creating a way for them to subscribe to a regular newsletter or offering which is a great way for you to continue to provide them with value and to stay in touch.
3) If they are connecting with YOU, add YOUR photo and details to your website). Again, this is about articulating who YOU are!
4) Be persistent. People will take advantage of your offerings when the time is right for THEM! I have had clients contact me for coaching programs after following me via my newsletter and offerings for five years. And let me tell you, these have been some of my "ideal" clients, having entered our coaching relationship with an understanding of who I am and what I stand for!
Onika, most importantly don’t ever give up on your dreams. This is not rocket science and I will say first hand that it is possible to "Live Your Soul's Purpose and Prosper™".
P.S. Was this blog helpful to you? What did you learn? Did you have any epiphanies or gain any insights relative to your own business and life? Please do share your comments, epiphanies and personal experiences IN THE COMMENT BOX BELOW. I truly value hearing from you!